Zack Anderson's practice is primarily devoted to construction, surety, fidelity, and other complex commercial litigation. Zack represents businesses and people in the construction industry, including sureties, general contractors, subcontractors, property owners, and architects, in a broad range of matters. He represents and advises his clients in all aspects of their commercial and residential construction practices, including contract creation and negotiation, pre-litigation dispute resolution, and trial representation in arbitration and litigation.
His specialties include surety bonding, including payment and performance bonds, Miller Act claims, construction and design contracts, EPC contracts, design-build contracts, RFPs, public contracts, joint venture agreements, termination, defective construction, design defects, delay claims, payment disputes, mechanic's liens, professional negligence, and insurance claims. He also assists his clients in non-construction business-related issues and disputes.
Before attending college and law school, Zack worked in the transportation industry as a commercial truck driver. He also worked in the construction industry where he started and operated a successful construction business, gaining valuable experience that provides him with knowledge and insight in his representation of construction clients and other business clients.
Zack earned his Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies from Georgia Southern University in 2008, and received his Juris Doctor from Duke University School of Law in 2012.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Admitted to Practice
- All Georgia State trial and appellate courts
- All Georgia Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Georgia Southern University, B.S., 2008, summa cum laude
- Dean's List, 2004-2008
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude
Professional, Trade, and Philanthropic Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Litigation Section
- Atlanta Surety Claims Association
- National Bond Claims Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Selected Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for work in Construction Law
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for work in Construction Law
Selected Speaking Engagements
- "The Surety's Right to Settle" Fidelity and Surety Law Committee's Mid-Winter Meeting, October 2020 (New York, NY).
- "Default judgments against the Principal: Is the Surety liable?" Gulfcoast Fidelity and Surety Institute's Annual Conference, June 2018 (Boca Grande, FL).
- "Consequential, Liquidated, and Tort Damages in Construction Cases" Gulfcoast Fidelity and Surety Institute's Annual Conference, June 2017 (Boca Grande, FL).