Keith Lichtman is a board-certified (FL) construction lawyer and trained and registered mediator (GA) with over 20 years of complex commercial law and litigation experience. Mr. Lichtman regularly litigates and mediates matters throughout the southeastern United States relating to surety bonds, construction defects, commercial crime and other insurance policies, financial institution bonds, as well as collections matters. He has been recognized as a "Georgia Super Lawyer" (2015-2023), "Georgia Rising Star" (2014), "Georgia Trend Legal Elite" (2013), and is rated AV-Preeminent, Martindale Hubbell's highest rating for ethics and the ability to practice law. He is licensed to practice in all state and federal courts in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina.
Mr. Lichtman has lectured extensively throughout the United States on surety, fidelity, and construction and insurance coverage topics, and has authored chapters in The Law of Performance Bonds, The Law of Payment Bonds, The Surety Underwriter's Desk Book, The Commercial Crime Policy, and the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal.
He has handled adoptions pro bono for Atlanta Legal Aid's Grandparent/Caregiver Adoption Project. After graduating from law school, Mr. Lichtman served as judicial law clerk to the Hon. Gregory Shaw, of Alabama's Court of Criminal Appeals. Justice Shaw currently sits on the Alabama Supreme Court.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Liability Insurance, Subrogation, and Recovery
Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- The University of Alabama, B.A., 1998
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2001
Professional, Trade, and Philanthropic Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Litigation Section
- Alabama State Bar
- The Florida Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- North Carolina State Bar
Selected Honors & Recognitions
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale Hubbell Top Rated Litigator
- Law & Politics – Georgia Super Lawyers
- Law & Politics – Georgia Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars"
- Georgia Trend "Georgia Legal Elite"
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent-Rated
- Board Certified Specialist in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- Registered Mediator, Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution
- Author, Chapter 12, "Georgia," in The Surety Underwriter's Desk Book, (2013 and 2014 Eds).
- Fidelity and Surety Law Update, in the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Law Journal, American Bar Association, (2013 and 2014 Eds).
- Co-Author, Chapter 2, "Who is Entitled to Recover," in The Law of Payment Bonds (2d Ed. 2011).
- Co-Author, Chapter 5, "Surety's Rights of Recovery Against Principals And Indemnitors Under the General Indemnity Agreement And The Common Law," in The Law of Performance Bonds, (2d Ed. 2009).
Selected Speaking Engagements
- "Who is Covered," The Law of Payment Bonds, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee's Mid-Winter Meeting, January, 2011 (New York, NY).
- "Changes to Rule 26, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure," Gulfcoast Fidelity and Surety Institute's Annual Conference, May, 2011 (Boca Grande, FL).
- "The Surety's Rights to Reimbursement and Recovery," Fidelity and Surety Law Committee's Spring Meeting, May, 2009 (La Jolla, CA).