Ms. Saavedra devotes her practice to commercial litigation, focusing on construction matters, business disputes, suretyship, professional liability, employment disputes, and collection matters. She represents individuals and companies in a wide array of complex commercial claims, surety litigation, shareholder disputes, employer discrimination claims, and construction defect cases. Similarly, her experience includes counseling contractors, engineers, architects, and other professionals through the dispute resolution process; drafting contracts and other corporate documents; and handling licensing disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Saavedra spent several years practicing with boutique complex commercial litigation firms in Sarasota and Tampa. Later she worked for a large national firm focusing her practice on construction and employment litigation and counseling. Ms. Saavedra graduated from the honors program at Stetson University College of Law, where she was a research assistant focused on the areas of contract formation and breach. While in law school, she interned for Hon. Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, United States District Court Judge for the Middle District of Florida. Ms. Saavedra also interned for the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division.
In 2018, Ms. Saavedra was the campaign manager for a major party candidate in a congressional race that drew national attention.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Liability Insurance, Subrogation, and Recovery
Admitted to Practice
- Florida State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law; J.D., 2015
- Honors Program
- Research Assistant - Contracts
- Intern - United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Fall 2013
- Intern - United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Spring - Summer 2014
- The University of Central Florida; B.A. History, International and Global Studies, 2012
Selected Honors & Recognitions
- Recognized in Best Lawyers Ones to Watch: Tampa Edition (2023)